Overnight Itinerary - 24 hours
Quick trip with an overnight stay?
This is for those of you who are traveling and just want to do a stopover in Joshua Tree. Or folks making a quick trip from Los Angeles, Orange County or San Diego. Yes - It's doable!
Pre-Trip: Reserve an AirBnB room in Joshua Tree
Here we go:
- I'm assuming you'll be leaving around noon - arriving in the park in the afternoon
- Drive into Joshua Tree
- Stop at the Park Visitors Center - Park Blvd @ Hwy 62
- Head into the Park to watch Sunset
Depending on how much time you have, you can drive further into the park
- After Sunset, come back into Joshua Tree
- Get dinner at the Joshua Tree Saloon (Park Blvd @ Hwy 62)
- Check in at your AirBnb and get a good nights sleep
- Get up Early in the Morning 6:00-9:00 (you'll need time to visit the park)
- Drives to Keys View to check out the morning light
- Get lots of pictures along the way
- Head back towards Joshua Tree Entrance
- Stop at Cap Rock (at the corner of Park Blvd and Keys View Road)
- Head back to the Joshua Tree Entrance
- Get Lunch in Town at the Natural Sisters Cafe (Hwy 62, East of Park Blvd)
- That's it!
- Head WEST on Hwy 62 and you will be back on Hwy 10 in 30 minutes.
- And then back to Big City!
See - I told you it was possible!
...back to Plan Your Trip