Friday Night -> Sunday Afternoon
Visiting for the weekend! Classic!
I assume that you are leaving after work, coming from Los Angeles, Orange County or San Diego.
Pre-Trip: Reserve an AirBnB room or house in Joshua Tree
- Take Hwy 10 EAST to Hwy 62 (Joshua Tree Exit!)
- Drive to Pioneertown (Hwy 62, Left at Pioneertown Rd)
- Have dinner at Pappy & Harriots
- Check out the live Music
- Head to your AirBnB and get a good nights sleep
- Get up @ 8-9am
- Breakfast at the Crossroads Cafe
- Check out the Farmers Market (8:00-1:00pm)
- Stop by the Park Visitor Center (Park Blvd @ Hwy 62)
- Go EAST on Hwy 62 (15 miles) to the 29 Palms (NORTH) Park Entrance
(yes, then we will drive back thru the park and exit at Joshua Tree)
make sure to pack snacks, drinks and lunch
- Drive to White Tank Campground
check out Arch Rock (easy 1/4 walk)
- Head back towards Joshua Tree Entrance
- Stop at Skull Rock - a roadside attraction
- Stop at Cap Rock (at the corner of Park Blvd and Keys View Road)
There are nice guided walks around the rock formations
- Head back towards the Joshua Tree Entrance
- Stop at Intersection Rock
Spend some time here hiking around the rocks
Hang out here until sunset
Hint: Coyotes come out at dusk - They're mellow here
- Exit the Park thru the WEST entrance (Joshua Tree)
- Get Dinner at the Joshua Tree Saloon
Stay for the Live Music...
- Or check out the Smith Ranch Drive-in!
- Or just get some Pizza (Pie for the People) and chill!
- Head back to your AirBnB
- Breakfast at the Crossroads Cafe or Joshua Tree Saloon
- If you have time, head back to the Park and explore Intersection Rock / Hidden Valley areas
- or Visit the Noah Purifoy Outdoor Art Museum
- or Visit the Gallery 62 on Hwy 62 (Next to the Saloon)
- Get Lunch at Natural Sisters Cafe
- Get some bulk herbs in the Joshua Tree Health Food Store next door
- That's it!
- Head WEST on HWY 62 and you will be back on Hwy 10 in 30 minutes
You did it!
...back to Plan Your Trip