1 Day Itinerary - Daytime Trip
Just coming up for the day? No problem!
This trip works best from Palm Springs or Indio. Or, if you are heading WEST on Hwy 10 towards Los Angeles, you can make this detour (Don't tell me you are in too much of a rush to get to LA!?!)
You'll get to cruise the entire park and have dinner in Joshua Tree!
Here we go:
Pre-Trip: Pack a lunch with snacks, drinks and yummy stuff. Get gas!
- Get on the road early - 9:00 am
- Enter thru the South Entrance on Hwy 10
- Check out the Cholla Cactus Garden
- Stop at White Tank Campground
Check out The ARCH (1/4 mile easy walk)
- Continue into park
- Take a LEFT on Park Blvd to "Joshua Tree"
- Stop at Skull Rock - a roadside attraction
- Stop at Intersection Rock
This is a great place to watch the sunset
- Exit the Park thru the WEST entrance (Joshua Tree)
- Get Dinner at the Joshua Tree Saloon
- That's it! Time to head home
- Head WEST on Hwy 62 and you will be back on Hwy 10 in 30 minutes!
Did you take lots of pictures?
...back to Plan Your Trip