Experience World-Class Dark Skies!
Night-Photography / Dark Sky / Milky Way
Milky Way Photography Workshops
Learn Dark-Sky Photography in Joshua Tree!
Offered by Joshua Tree Workshops
This workshop is scheduled near the *New Moon so that the skies are dark. Spend the night exploring the park and the night skies in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Night-photography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
Workshop Includes (B&B or Camping)
- B&B - Includes a private room in Joshua Tree B&B (limit 6)
- Camping - Camp in Joshua Tree National Park w/ BBQ Dinner (limit 6)
- One night session - from sunset > Milky Way
- Night-Photography training
- Night-Lighting techniques
- Star Trails techniques
- Post-Processing lesson in Lightroom CC to bring out the best images
2018 Milky Way Workshops
APRIL 11, 2018 - CAMPING SOLD OUT
APRIL 12, 2018 - CAMPING SOLD OUT
APRIL 15, 2018 - B&B SOLD OUT
MAY 13, 2018 - B&B SOLD OUT
*What is the "New" Moon? The "New" Moon is the phase of the moon when the Moon disappears from the night skies - leaving the skies very dark (and perfect for Night Photography). It is the opposite Moon phase from the Full Moon.