Learn Dark Sky Photography
in Joshua Tree!
Night Photography Workshops
Offered by Joshua Tree Workshops
These workshop are scheduled near the *New Moon so that the skies are dark. Spend the night exploring the park and the night skies in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Night-photography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
NOTE ON THE MILKY WAY: The Milky Way "Core" is primarily visible in the northern hemisphere during the months of April-September. During the months of October-March Joshua Tree offers some the darkest sky in Southern California - which are perfect for learning Dark Sky Photography, Light Painting and Star Trails Photography. December is also when the Geminids Meteor Shower visits Joshua Tree.
Workshop Includes (B&B or Camping)
- B&B - Includes a private room in Joshua Tree B&B (limit 6)
- Camping - Camp in Joshua Tree National Park w/ BBQ Dinner (limit 6)
- One night session - from sunset > Dark Sky
- Night-Photography training
- Night-Lighting techniques
- Star Trails techniques
- Post-Processing lesson in Lightroom CC to create the best images
2017/2018 Dark Sky Workshops
*What is the "New" Moon? The "New" Moon is the phase of the moon when the Moon disappears from the night skies - leaving the skies very dark (and perfect for Night Photography). It is the opposite Moon phase from the Full Moon.